More power out of a 2001 cx613 427

maestas873333

Question

6 answers to this question

2001 is a tricky year model, I have seen regular ETECH and CCRS ETECH‘s in 2001 trucks. If it’s a regular ETECH then a 460 program can be installed by a dealership with no hardware changes as all the parts are the same between the 427 and 460. If it’s a CCRS then I would not bump it to 460 because you have to change to the problematic waste gated turbo and you have to install a boost pressure sensor if not already installed. The 460 CCRS program looks at boost closely and if over boosting then it derates. And under boosting it derates.  Narrow window of boost range to run good . 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mackpro said:

2001 is a tricky year model, I have seen regular ETECH and CCRS ETECH‘s in 2001 trucks. If it’s a regular ETECH then a 460 program can be installed by a dealership with no hardware changes as all the parts are the same between the 427 and 460. If it’s a CCRS then I would not bump it to 460 because you have to change to the problematic waste gated turbo and you have to install a boost pressure sensor if not already installed. The 460 CCRS program looks at boost closely and if over boosting then it derates. And under boosting it derates.  Narrow window of boost range to run good . 

Was there any option out there to delete the vgt with a fixed turbo and delete egr and re program?

The CCRS series engine were only made from 2001.5 to around 2003.5  right before the ASET engines came out. They had no EGR or VGT turbo like the ASET AC engines. Only the CCRS 460 had a mechanical wastegated  turbo. Lower HP’s used a regular turbo. The CCRS engines were pretty much a ASET AI engine but without the EGR bump on the camshaft. They had the free flowing exhaust manifold of the ETECH. The CCRS used the same EUP’s as the AI ASET and had a straight camshaft keyway regardless of HP like the ASET family. The CCRS 427 was my favorite engine. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mackpro said:

The CCRS series engine were only made from 2001.5 to around 2003.5  right before the ASET engines came out. They had no EGR or VGT turbo like the ASET AC engines. Only the CCRS 460 had a mechanical wastegated  turbo. Lower HP’s used a regular turbo. The CCRS engines were pretty much a ASET AI engine but without the EGR bump on the camshaft. They had the free flowing exhaust manifold of the ETECH. The CCRS used the same EUP’s as the AI ASET and had a straight camshaft keyway regardless of HP like the ASET family. The CCRS 427 was my favorite engine. 

Sorry for some reason I was thinking it was an ASET haha. Good info anyway!

Are you ccrs or just regular etech? There’s a lot of guys that have done bigger injectors, turbo, and different software files for theirs on here. Plenty of threads on this topic. A lot of them MackPro has answered already. 

• Thanks 1