2006 mack vision Eaton fuller transmission

James5

is it manual or auto shift?   if it's a manual its probably an FRO 16 210C Metric..  the synchros grind during the range shift... if so, easy fix and not expensive..  make sure you replace both snap rings on the range fork shift rail..  and the drive hub on the main shaft coming out of the main box..  of course make sure the bearings are clean and re-useable..  if not, pull the tranny and send it to a re-builder..  jojo

Its a automatic 10 speed ultra shift…basically what happened to have me assuming it might have a issue is I took it to Ohio to the mountains tried to take it up a steep incline I was weighing 79000/8000 and it struggled to make it up kept dropping gears at one time it displayed a flashing F the gear display went blank for a second I started sliding backwards I lost power kept my paddle to the floor and other foot on the brake to prevent rolling completely then i regained power gear indicator stayed in first gear and gave me hell trying to make it to the top of the incline couldn’t much get it pass 3 gear indicator would blink different numbers then lose power a little after I made it up I got emptied and I still struggled a little bit when it came time to go up even the slightest incline. The day before all this happened I noticed it didn’t seem like my truck was giving me as much power as it could it would get to 10 gear but It seemed to Be topping out at 70/75mph (bobtailing) it’s my first truck first automatic and first Eaton fuller ultra shifter so I don’t know if that’s normal or not and want to make sure I didn’t make a bad investment its high in miles 1,300,000 but so far thats the only thing I’ve noticed drove it from NC to Ohio and ran there for a week and back to NC it did the flashing F thing once more but seemed to drive better back then it did going to Ohio 

On 2/14/2022 at 6:53 AM, James5 said:

Its a automatic 10 speed ultra shift…basically what happened to have me assuming it might have a issue is I took it to Ohio to the mountains tried to take it up a steep incline I was weighing 79000/8000 and it struggled to make it up kept dropping gears at one time it displayed a flashing F the gear display went blank for a second I started sliding backwards I lost power kept my paddle to the floor and other foot on the brake to prevent rolling completely then i regained power gear indicator stayed in first gear and gave me hell trying to make it to the top of the incline couldn’t much get it pass 3 gear indicator would blink different numbers then lose power a little after I made it up I got emptied and I still struggled a little bit when it came time to go up even the slightest incline. The day before all this happened I noticed it didn’t seem like my truck was giving me as much power as it could it would get to 10 gear but It seemed to Be topping out at 70/75mph (bobtailing) it’s my first truck first automatic and first Eaton fuller ultra shifter so I don’t know if that’s normal or not and want to make sure I didn’t make a bad investment its high in miles 1,300,000 but so far thats the only thing I’ve noticed drove it from NC to Ohio and ran there for a week and back to NC it did the flashing F thing once more but seemed to drive better back then it did going to Ohio 

You will need to connect the Eaton and Mack service software to see what electronic issues you may be having. Check the battery connections at the battery, make sure that they are clean and tight, I think this is a good place to start.

V