96 e7-427 vmac injection pump oil leak

dtreid

Question

Just picked up a 96 mack with the e7-427 vmac motor.

I have a significant oil leak coming from where the econovance bolts up to the engine front cover. 

Can I remove the injection pump/econovance from the engine to put a new gasket on without having the mack timing tool?  Haven't worked on mack engines before.  Thanks

4 answers to this question

just a thought.... If he marks the heads of the pump gear bolts, then puts longer bolts in there place, then loosen the pump and slide it back on a guide bolt in place of the econovance mounting bolt's? maybe with a a flat screwdriver he can sneak some Mack Gray RTV. after a good cleaning with brake clean..  What do you think Glenn??  Jojo

that may work.Also if you go to cummins and buy the timing plug or fork that the 5.9 p pump uses it may be 100 bucks but cheaper than a A/B light.The 5.9 timing tool is a plactic fork that will slide over the pump timing spade and will center the timing spade in the window of the pump.I think the p pump came on the dodge engine first 1990.

glenn akers