Can anyone identify this part on ac line

New member here and first post. I have. 2003 Mack Ch 613 day cab. On the dryer for the AC there is a pressure switch and below it on a line is a green colored plug that has a schrader valve behind it. Any ideal what this plug is. Hopefully the picture loads

9F41EE1D-700A-45A7-ACDD-AC4A86FB522D.jpeg

Edited by Ricky Beals
Correction

We changed out the dryer, compressor and expansion valve and figured we would change them out. Parts guy kept saying it only had one pressure switch so I set to try and figure it out. Joined this forum and figured someone knew. I sure appreciate your help jojo.

Do most folks change them out or is it waste of money? They ain’t bad but figured it was best thing to do.

Edited by Ricky Beals

I really havent ever replaced one unless the wires shook so much, that the insulation fell off.. of course, replacing it isn;t a bad idea.  I'm still not clear, why you are changing parts.. what is the issue? 

Edited by Joey Mack
Poor spelling

I just bought the truck and the guy that had it before me replaced the compressor and dryer. Ac wasn’t cooling good and we discovered the expansion valve was bad. We flushed the system and while waiting on expansion valve and thought we would replace the pressure switches just to be safe. I now understand the switch on dryer is binar.  I didn’t know if the fan switch ( green colored switch) was bad to go out. Sometimes it easier to replace them now than later I reckon.

Edited by Ricky Beals
  • Like 1

have you pulled the duct on the right side of the of the HVAC unit and cleaned out the dirt that is in there...  just remove the screws and and pry it back about an inch and a half.   I made a cardboard tube that fits on my shop vac, and flattened it out so it can squeeze in to clean the evap core..  it's gentle enough to avoid damage as long as you are gentle with it...  jojo

yes... remove the cup holder first, the the tray it sits in, then the 2 torx screws in the panel ,then the torx screws on each side edge of the panel, then it will drop down and out from the bottom. there is a plastic guide pin in the bottom center edge, to clear..  no biggie..  once it is off,,  to the right will be the 3/4" opening where a blue filter may be..  thats were the action happens... I bet the core is packed with dirt...  you can try to blow it out, but sh!t will fly everywhere... jojo

Yup and they get extremely dirty. As for the high pressure switch it’s the one on the top of the dryer. Only ever seen one go bad. Wiggle it and the compressor would work and then you would have AC. Then later in the day there would be no AC. Wiggle it again to get it back in business. Finally just replaced it. 

Totally off topic but you guys will probably know. I noticed a small drop of coolant coming from that sight glass on radiator. I have the two piece where top is radiator and bottom is reservoir. This something that goes out regularly. Do people go back with original thimble type glass bulb?