MP8 Popping Sound / Air Relief Sound / Engine Dies

Todd71106

I have a 2013 Mack Granite Day Cab with an MP8 / 13 Speed. 290K Miles

When Traveling down a Bumpy Road Occasionally I get a Popping sound that may or may not be followed by an Air Relief Sound. As soon as the brake pedal is touched the engine dies. this happened once in 3 years while driving a 2015 Company truck. But it has happened twice in 2 days now that I am an owner operator. The truck will start right back up and keep working, but it is somewhat alarming when you loose all power at speed.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Is there a certain sensor that will shut down the engine if it is loose, damaged or bad?

Any ideas where to start looking would be appreciated.

ABS
MID 136 SID 4 FMI 14 136: ABS Wheel Speed Sensor, 4: Drive Front (R) 2  14: Special instructions
MID 136 SID 103 FMI 9 136: ABS Wheel Speed Sensor, 103: Yaw Rate Sensor, 9 abnormal update rate. 
ENGINE
SPN 636, Camshaft Position Sensor, FMI 2 Data erratic intermittent or incorrect
SPN 636, Camshaft Position Sensor, FMI 3 Voltage above normal, or shorted to high source
SPN 647, Engine Fan Clutch Output Device Driver, FMI 5 Current below normal or open circuit
CLUSTER
MID 140 PID 177, Transmission Oil Temperature FMI 5 Gearbox oil temperature sensor

The problem ended up being a bad ignition switch. Some of the wires were frayed and the solders loose. The Mack House charged me $110 for a new one with out tumblers or keys.

Definitely going to check into those Camshaft Position Sensor issues. 

7 hours ago, Todd71106 said:

The problem ended up being a bad ignition switch. Some of the wires were frayed and the solders loose. The Mack House charged me $110 for a new one with out tumblers or keys.

Definitely going to check into those Camshaft Position Sensor issues. 

Nice to have a update!   terry:MackLogo: