2001 CH613 cabin AC

I have a “new to me” 2001 CH613 with little to no air flow from the ac vents. I cannot find any info on replacing cabin air filter or cleaning the evaporator coil. I’ve removed the cowl around the console and can see the fan but don’t know where to look next. 
Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks 

there isnt a filter...  pull the lower center panel below the hvac controls, and loosen the plastic duct that goes into it from the right side....  what i do is, make a cardboard tube and tape it to my shop vac, then flatten the tube so it fits in the small gap you create by loosening the big plastic duct..  then suck the mud out of the a/c core....    ive done so many , i get this done in less than 30 minutes...  jojo

• Like 1

Isnt the fan on the left side of the evap and heater core  I think it pulls air through the cores.  if so, the fan assembly slides out for servicing.  for some reason I cant picture it correctly in my mind....  sorry,  it's been a while and don't remember.  so as far as pulling the fan, only if its dirty...  Jojo

Ok I pulled the air duct on the right side and the core was very dirty. Vacuumed it clean and also pulled the fan on left side.  Used compressed air to blow through core from the fan side.

When I pulled the fan there was a blue filter between the fan and the coil. Not sure what benefit of a filter on the clean side of the core. Also think the air doors are not diverting air correctly. Going to check that out before I reassemble. 

• Like 1

Thanks V,

after cleaning ive got much better air fłów but i cannot get The modę box to divert air to the defrost or floor. Right nów it seems to be stuck on a mix of face vents and floor. Mine has the electric switch to select mode and I'm not sure where to go from here. (Is it the switch or the mode box?)

If it's the mode box how do you get to it?

"V" may have nailed it...  I/We have done a bunch of these repairs... there is a service buliten may go back to around 2002..  if you get a copy it wll guide you and provide the parts list...  it's a bit of a job but the out come is good...  jojo

Thanks Jojo. Where would I look for that service bulletin.. on this site? Or through Mack?

thanks for the lead. 

I found a listing of Mack SB and I believe the one I'm looking for is SB635008 but I can't seem to access a copy. 

Edited by Etu