2008 chu613 mp8 845c crank broke not once but

Truecountry

ok Guys bear with me ..i havent work at this shop but 2 years and this truck has engine sitting in floor for 6 years ...first engine had clutch replaced and old mech put in pilot bearing with snap ring on it ...ok i get why it broke that crank shaft ...now 2nd engine no snap ring on pilot bearing and it broke crank in 15000 miles this was a mack reman ..and boss didnt have a mech at the time to pull it before warranty ran out ....my question is can i have transmission problems now to break this crank ..im the clean up mech ..i get the shit everyone else has played with but not fixed at least its not torn apart and in buckets lol

mp8 crank shaft.jpg

mp8 oil pan.jpg

So here's something to think about ! WAS THE CLUTCH ADJUSTED properly on this second failure ? Lack of  free pedal can take out the  thrust bearing and cause a whole dogs breakfast of issues ! including what you have. I've  Seen it happen!

Just sayin!

Edited by fjh
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, fjh said:

So here's something to think about ! WAS THE CLUTCH ADJUSTED properly on this second failure ? Lack of  free pedal can take out the  thrust bearing and cause a whole dogs breakfast of issues ! including what you have. I've  Seen it happen!

Just sayin!

Thats it im new to this shop old mech is gone ..all i have is broken parts lol ..

22 hours ago, mrgumby said:

Also did both engines use the same harmonic balancer  or did the new engine come with it own.  I’ve seen some where you reuse your old balancer

nobody knows if they reused harmonic balancer but today i pulled trans and drained it oh my god at the metal ..pull shifter cover and input shaft its a snap ring with washers the housing is broken and snap ring was just spinning on shaft so i think bearing is also gone ...now im looking for a trans and engine lol my luck