2005 Cv713 Ai400 power issues

Boost pressure under full load when the computer isn’t kicked is 30-35psi. When the computer kicks it cuts everything in half. Power/ boost everything. Me and the local dealer are leaning towards a phantom EUP issue that’s kicking the computer out under full throttle but not throwing any specific codes. A few hit’s on 2 injector eup’s but I guess you get what you pay for and can’t rely on anything rebuilt now a days. I can’t even buy EUP’s new. 

On 10/20/2021 at 7:05 AM, Vmac3 said:

What is the boost pressure when the engine is under load? I have seen boost pressure sensors cause this issue as well. 

V

Not saying this is the case here BUT! I ran into this years ago ! I would be having the the dealer look in to the torque limit switch on the trans if the switch is engaged when this anomaly happens there may be a short circuit in the to wires heading to the torque limit switch causing the Ecu to think its in low! This will cut the power By almost exactly half  no codes ! to eliminate this possibility  cut or remove the wires at the VECU that come from the torque limit switch on the trans.

just a place to look if your options are running out!

Just sayin!

Edited by fjh
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...