07 Granite Jake brake issue

Dalton1

I’ll look in the morning if I get around a granite to get an idea on that engine brake relay location..... did you check the connector at the switch for the engine brake?  Take the kick panel down on the passenger side and check the VECU module connections and make sure they arent rubbed and rotted from salt since it’s an old NYDOT truck. the lighting bolt isn’t on correct? The wiring to the cam sensor is good also ? 

Haven't done that yet but will check those next, I was convinced it's an electrical problem since I can operate them with an outside 12v source no problem but I'm willing to try anything at this point.

Should the o-rings just be replaced while I'm in there even if they look ok?

21 hours ago, MACKX said:

I’ll look in the morning if I get around a granite to get an idea on that engine brake relay location..... did you check the connector at the switch for the engine brake?  Take the kick panel down on the passenger side and check the VECU module connections and make sure they arent rubbed and rotted from salt since it’s an old NYDOT truck. the lighting bolt isn’t on correct? The wiring to the cam sensor is good also ? 

I have checked the connector at the switch on the dash, that all looks good. I have not looked behind the passenger kick panel yet, will check that next. No lighting bolt, I hooked my scan tool up just to check and there was no codes. Wiring to the cam sensor looked good, pulled apart the connector and that looked good, haven't pulled that sensor out yet though. 

• 5 months later...

Thought I would update the post, finally got the engine brake fixed, ended up be a file in the computer adjusted to make it work the way it was for some reason, local dealer was able to reprogram to work the way its supposed to and no issues now. 

I was also excited to find out they were able adjust the power while it was there from 335 to 400, definitely pulls better now.

• Like 1