Apgar Bros. Bound Brook, NJ

White3000

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i remember Apgar Bros very well. always spotless trucks. 

the company still lives in the fact they were located on Apgar Drive Somerset NJ.

i have not been down Apgar drive in a while now, but the last time i was the terminal was still there. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

i went to look at my pops old yard beacon fast freight a few years ago and whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat////// it was gone there was a shopping mall there now...i remember when they built it in 1970....i was thinking there was probably some bottom feeder jippo in there now...lol.bob

• Like 1

dolly wheels wow...i remember when i started tractor and box driving....i was only 20,,,went to stab the trailer it was a little low and the air ran out of the brakes it must have rolled 15 ft i was shitting my pants ...good thing there was nothing behind it...bob

• 2 months later...

My name is Dennis   my cb handle’s Hobo i worked in the Erie terminal from 1977 until  the Erie facility was closed in 1995   i believe Doug still lives in edinboro    most of the crew from erie are gone now    i remember the chain drive Mack , it sat on display , clean and shiny , in front of the office    when i started , the Bound Brook office was in town    there was also a terminal in Tampa Florida    the anti-jackknife fifth wheel that Irv designed was known as the Holland-Apgar trailer master    Bob Haas actually began employment week-ends washing trucks , worked his way up to being operations manager    Apgar Bros had such a good reputation , they sometimes operated test tractors for Mack    I was once asked to test a new tractor for one year    it was testing a 25,000 mile service interval   the tractor had a 54 quart oil pan , after 100 ,000 miles it was torn down and checked for wear   if i think about it , some time i’ll write some more   when the erie terminal closed , i sent Irv a letter thanking him for the years of employment he provided , and how my family benefited   Irv sent me a book , the Pioneers of Trucking   it included a story about Apgar Bros

• Like 2

• 8 months later...