Transmission issues

My 2015 pinnacle with mdrive 12 speed is getting to a higher gear like say 7th and going into a kind of limbo causing me to have to stop and start over again.  What could be causing this?

Edited by Evan Rocks
Misspelled word

17 hours ago, Evan Rocks said:

Mackpro, it gets to 7th, no grinding. It's not always 7th either, just goes into limp mode and stops shifting. 

We have had quite a few with shift lid issues as well there is a stop plate that breaks from time to time on one of the shift rails  If its ether of these issues its not something your going to fix on your own The dealers are pretty much hardwired to this new stuff!

23 hours ago, Evan Rocks said:

Mackpro, it gets to 7th, no grinding. It's not always 7th either, just goes into limp mode and stops shifting. 

Check your ABS sensors on steer and drive axles. Transmission is looking for output shaft sensor along with ABS sensors to figure out vehicle speed and needed gear shift. If one of the sensor is loosing signal intermittently then transmission might go into limp mode.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello friend! I have a small car business myself, so I constantly use engineering services. I hope I can help you. On the website Engre.co you can find engineering services, including those that you care about. I usually cooperate with Tucana, if I have heard of such a thing. In general, try to go and take a look, maybe you can really find what you are looking for. All the best!