Milo's R600

milo

post-2870-1228609466_thumb.jpg

Gidday Fellas,

Just joined a few weeks ago (Qld, Australia). Here is a pic of the old girl I'm workin on. We've started cutting the rust out of the doors and cab. Hope the photo loads okay! I will try and put some more pics in my gallery.

Milo

Joe,

We've found a fair bit of rust in the cab and doors, which i'm told is common in this model.So far we've repaired along the back of the cab,and replaced areas in the bottom of the doors and door arches.Ive put some photos in my gallery.Excuse the surface as it has to sit outside the shed thru the week.My mate can only work on it in the shed of a weekend.

Milo

Joe,

We've found a fair bit of rust in the cab and doors, which i'm told is common in this model.So far we've repaired along the back of the cab,and replaced areas in the bottom of the doors and door arches.Ive put some photos in my gallery.Excuse the surface as it has to sit outside the shed thru the week.My mate can only work on it in the shed of a weekend.

Milo

Is your mate good at steering column relocation? That truck appears to have the wheel on the wrong side of the cab!!

Just bullshitting, (as you know). That is a good looking workhorse to me.

If you get a chance please post a couple of photos of the area in the hood and cowl where the air cleaner mounts to the left side of the truck. I have one that I'm wanting to mount twin 16" Donaldsons onto, and need a visual reference to go by.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Is your mate good at steering column relocation? That truck appears to have the wheel on the wrong side of the cab!!

Just bullshitting, (as you know). That is a good looking workhorse to me.

If you get a chance please post a couple of photos of the area in the hood and cowl where the air cleaner mounts to the left side of the truck. I have one that I'm wanting to mount twin 16" Donaldsons onto, and need a visual reference to go by.

Thanks,

Rob

No worries Rob ,Ill try and get some photos thru the week.

Milo

Monty,

I have'nt bid high enough yet ,on a couple of sets that have come up on Ebay.The bloke in the U.S you gave me a link to, charges $55us for postage.So Ill try my luck again on his next listing.We have the mirror arms so we are not held up on the door repairs.Hopefully Ill have the mirrors sorted by the time we've given the cab a lick of paint.

The first job for the ol' girl is to cart some gravel for our access road.

Milo

Hey Milo.

you may be interested in this little web site http://hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl it's chock full of skippys and a bit closer to home. or our little club http://www.goldenoldiestruckclub.com/

Good luck on the resto and the mirrors.

-Monty

Monty,

Never thought of the clubs - I would have but I was busy getting the first reply in order and by the time I'd finished it, I realised I never mentioned them!

Joe