R Model

What would rewiring all the turn signal and brake lights and new headlights and marker lights and dash guage lights on a normal stock 70's daycab r model cost. im looking for a estimate maybe on what it might run. thanks

Quoting an electrical job can be very scary. You never know what the fellow before you has done. You might check on a complete harness, could be cheaper than a patch job.

1971 Mack R600 Toterhome "Superdawg"

living the life of leisure pulling

1999 NuWa Snowbird 34+2 SE102 "Dawghouse"

Go the elecrical suppl house and get a 8-10 wire cable that is for aumotive (dare I say the word). pick the wire size you need somewhere between 8 and 12 maybe one that is 6 for gens and alt's.

Start at the isolation board and run thr RED/YELLOW to te high beam or what ever. The RED YELLOW will always be high beam.

Grab theGREEN/YELLOW and hook it to the low beam.RED and YELLOW for the turn signels BLACK FOR marker, Brown for tail ,and RED for stop.

The whole system will have the same color wire going to the same light, no matter where you end. be it front, rear or trailer

You'll need some of the old wire loom to make it look factory but three things are for sure:

#1 It will be very inexpensive

#2 it will ,if done right, be as good or better than Factory and will last as long

#3 If there is a mistake, It's your error and you got to fix it!!! At this point you should know the wires, where they go, and how to repair it.

#3 is the reason that one should wire his own truck. You put it there and you are the most qualfied to repair it. The bad is that you can't pass the buck nor snivvel, In my shop there is a $5.00 fine for whinning.

Packer

Keep a clutchin'

• 3 weeks later...

I remember working on new GMC's that were made into school buses. And the body companies would use only black coded wires from the firewall harness to the rear. Tracing the problems were always a joy. :SMOKIE-LFT:

I always hated the IH trucks, they used all black wires in the harness with #s every foot or so. If the wires were exposed the #s would wear off and you would have to cut the harness back till you found the #s again. I have seen later model Macks that had the same system but with white wires.

1971 Mack R600 Toterhome "Superdawg"

living the life of leisure pulling

1999 NuWa Snowbird 34+2 SE102 "Dawghouse"

• 1 month later...

I used to work for Sutphen in Hilliard, ohio as a fire apparatus electrician, and we used heat embossed MTW wire, it costs a few dollars more, but the writing doesnt wear off(its melted into the wire jacket), it comes in a rainbow of colors, they will do anykind of custom orders, and it is lettered everyfoot, ie- 27 Left Turn, 26 Right Turn.........

The supplier we used was a company in Bellfontaine, Ohio called EWS Spectrum..

Just some food for thought, hope this helps

Erik

Erik