Happy New Year From Ny

Truck1536

Happy New Year all. I joined the site a few weeks ago. Just getting around to say hi. I have been driving construction equipment for almost 27 years. My time driving has been in New York City and on Long Island. I posted a few pictures in the gallery. The F-900 that is attached was the first truck I drove (legally). For the first 15 years I drove concrete mixers, for the later I have been driving dump trucks. I enjoy the site and can feel the passion that the members have for their trucks.

John

Happy New Year all.  I joined the site a few weeks ago.  Just getting around to say hi.  I have been driving construction equipment for almost 27 years.  My time driving has been in New York City and on Long Island.  I posted a few pictures in the gallery.  The F-900 that is attached was the first truck I drove (legally). For the first 15 years I drove concrete mixers, for the later I have been driving dump trucks.  I enjoy the site and can feel the passion that the members have for their trucks.

John

Awww I remember those trucks. When I was little they were my favorite as they had all the colorful polka dots. Memories.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Awww I remember those trucks. When I was little they were my favorite as they had all the colorful polka dots. Memories.

They sure did stand out. These F-900s' are all but gone. Sure wish I had taken more pictures of them. I believe they wound up out of the country. There may be 1 or 2 in Queens at another ready-mix company. I remember Scaccia and F&M had a few of these. They were a trip to drive, especially through the Queens-Midtown Tunnel or over the Williamsburg Bridge where you had to take up 2 lanes. You are right, memories! and good times there. Glad you enjoyed.

John (Sneakers)

Wish I had one of those in my back yard.I've seen twin steer F800's,but never a F900.You wouldn't happen to have any pics or know where there is any H-81's do you?They were used in NYC for heavy mixers too.

Found 2 images on other sites. 1 is the real deal, the other is a great model of the H-81. I don't recall any H-81 mixers in NYC, probably before my time.

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/truc.../june/h81_1.jpg

http://www.davestrucks.com/pages/h81sx.html

Thanks for the pics.Always thought one of those H-81's would make an awesome wrecker.There was a story in Double Clutch awhile back about a couple of them getting saved,think Dave Zsido & Bob Giddings got them.

I was told that the H-81 was built to use up a large quanity of day cab H cabs Mack had ready for a large UPS order that was canceled when the F model came out.Don't know if that was true or not,but makes for some intersting history.