Another New Guy

hurstL78

just wanted to introduce myself,my name is Van Hurst,and I live Jeffersonville,Ky.I just bought my first b model yesterday and I will probably be looking for you guys to help me along because I don't really know alot about these old trucks,I am a diesel mechanic by trade but haven't been around alot of trucks older than the 80's.I am into restoring old muscle cars for my hobby,but have always been fascinated with old macks.I bought a 1955 B61 mack,that is really all I know about it right now,Iwill probably get the truck home around tuesday,and by then I wil have plenty of questions

thanks

Welcome to the club Van, Lots of great people here (and a few screw balls) to help out with all your questions. Looks like you got a nice B model to restore there.

First tip I can give you is to send a small 10-20 dollar donation along with your trucks vin number to the mack Museum and in return you will get all the factory build sheet records for your rig and possibly a 2" thick shop manual for dissasembly/troubleshooting of your trucks componets.

The Mack Trucks Historical Museum

Don Schumaker and Snowy Doe, Co-Curators

997 Postal Road

Allentown, PA 18103

Telephone: 610-266-6767

Fax: 610-266-6823

Trent :thumb:

Welcome to the club Van, Lots of great people here (and a few screw balls) to help out with all your questions. Looks like you got a nice B model to restore there.

First tip I can give you is to send a small 10-20 dollar donation along with your trucks vin number to the mack Museum and in return you will get all the factory build sheet records for your rig and possibly a 2" thick shop manual for dissasembly/troubleshooting of your trucks componets.

The Mack Trucks Historical Museum

Don Schumaker and Snowy Doe, Co-Curators

997 Postal Road

Allentown, PA 18103

Telephone: 610-266-6767

Fax: 610-266-6823

Trent :thumb:

Just like Trent said and looks like your old girl had a bit of crome too.Welcome and enjoy your new truck,Tim :thumb:

Welcome to BMT! Glad you found us...

Don't be afraid to ask questions and use the search feature! Lots of great folks and good info here!! Enjoy...

:SMOKIE-LFT:

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK