Get A Birds Eye View Of Allentown Mack

56BMack

Here is a different way to look at Mack Truck in Allentown. By using Google Earth, there is a free version, ( http://earth.google.com/ ) you can see any area on earth by satellite. You can start out in space and go to roof top level. I found Mack truck headquarters and marked the coordinates as 40*34'26.99"N latitude and 75*28'17.56"W longitude. In the Google Earth Program and in the lower left corner, a scale will let you know where your pointer is located on in the coordinates. I have never been in Allentown, but I found the Mack HQ, the Mack truck they display by where you would enter from Mack blvd. Streets named Bulldog, AC drive, Signal and Maxitorque street. Go behind the HQ and there is a small airport. Go north and I believe I found the assembly plant for Mack. Also the tall water tower behind the plant, coordinates for the water tower are 40*34'41.12"N lat and 75*28'27.13"W long. It's neat that I can see Mack at a birds eye view. Also you can look at Mount St Helens, the Grand canyon, ect. The next thing is, where can I find Macks New vehicle product development and test center built around 1972?

Randy :SMOKIE-LFT:

Not sure if you noticed or knew the WHQ is shaped like a bulldog from the air. The head is the auditorum and one wing is longer (the back leg). The old 5C plant is right next to WHQ, it was closed when Mack moved the plant to Winsborough. If you put in 2402 Lehigh Parkway South, Allentown PA you can see the Enigneering Development and Test Center surrounded by an oval test track,behind the airport. 40*34'17.16"N 75*29'40.00"W The EDTC is less the a mile from WHQ.

You wanna see something really cool? Goto to Rachel, NV and pan west. You will see an unlisted airport that we all know as Area 51! Unless the gov found out and made Google take it off the map!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK