Cross Drive Hydramatic question

41chevy

Didn't know where to put this, figured it would be seen here.

1964 Cadillac-Gage M114. Had from the factory a Chevy 283 166 B.H.P engine running through a GM  Cross Drive Hydramatic 305MC 4 speed automatic.To me it a slant pan Chevy truck Hydramatic but enough differences to make adjustments not workable  With most everybody swapping LS engines in place of old school Small Blocks I picked up a 3000 mile 383 c.i. 450 h.p. Chevy crate engine for 2 grand. I need to adjust the line pressure to make is shift more positive. Put a modified Torus unit in to up the stall speed, extra steels and fiber discs to take the "slide" out, and added a B7M Hydro shift kit to make it a manual shift automatic. Got the Tech Manual #  TM2330-224-10for the entire vehicle and tells every thing including a reference to adjust Line Pressure if shifting is soft. No tech on how to adjust it. Anyone work on these when the were in use from 1962 to 1979?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

yes i rebuilt one around that year,,,,, 25 years ago,,,,but sorry paul,,,too long ago to remember,,,but i do remember running down parts for it,,,relatively easy,,,but then again that was 25 years ago....good luck ..bob 

On 7/11/2020 at 12:58 AM, mowerman said:

yes i rebuilt one around that year,,,,, 25 years ago,,,,but sorry paul,,,too long ago to remember,,,but i do remember running down parts for it,,,relatively easy,,,but then again that was 25 years ago....good luck ..bob 

I got everything I needed from Fatsco for it works well shifts okay but needs to be a bit firmer on the shift, just a bit less positive than I want. I will probably just live with it in the end

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...