92 DM690S lost all electrical power

Truck: 1992 DM690S

Engine: E7-250

Transmission: Maxitorque 7-Speed

While backing my new-to-me (auction win) 1992 DM690S off of stepdeck trailer, the single air tank on passenger side got hung up on the trailer and broke a couple of air fittings off...the delivery driver was backing the Mack off of trailer and pulled the Emergency Stop lever next to ignition.  I quickly bush-fixed the broken fittings and when we tried to restart the truck to finish the removal, there was no power whatsoever.  The battery cables were corroded and crap, and the batteries were listed as “Weak - Needs Jump.”  I used 2 fresh batteries to initially jump-start the truck before it was backed off of trailer, but when I hooked these up again there was still no power at all.

I quickly found the battery cutoff switch that was installed (as I put these on all of my other trucks), and when I ran my multimeter across the terminals it tested fine (open when shut off; closed with no resistance when turned on).  I jabbed my MM probes into decent sections of the battery cables to run a quick resistance check, and got reading with nominal resistance.  The battery cables will be replaced and the batteries have been load-tested to show that they are all in 100% good condition, but I still can’t get any electrical power whatsoever.

I haven’t had a chance to trace out the Emergency Shut Down, is there a switch that needs to be reset somewhere that I haven’t found yet? On older military NHC-250 Cummins motors, the Emergency Shut Down lever needs to be manually reset on the IP before they will restart; does this engine have this type of feature?

The truck has been neglected for quite some time and the dash is in pieces with wires everywhere of course...it is possible that a wire has broken off behind the ignition switch....or is there another issue with the the circuit breakers that I should check?

Sorry for the rookie questions; I haven’t had time to thoroughly diagnose this issue due to being so busy lately.  I’ve tried searching for used repair manuals & schematics but was shocked at the gold-plated prices the few sellers I could find were demanding.

Thanks in advance for any advice/help!

• 1 year later...