Fender Extensions

Quickfarms

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Quickfarms said:

Still looking for these parts

I have one broken on my 78 RL. Do you have a right one I could make a mould from? My left side is good as are my brackets.

This setup started with the 1975 year model.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I have one broken on my 78 RL. Do you have a right one I could make a mould from? My left side is good as are my brackets.
This setup started with the 1975 year model.

Are the Hayward ones different?

The truth is I need a drivers side bracket for the 1985, it all rusted out but that's the only rust on the truck so I am wondering if it was changed at some point.

The 1975 Hayward Mack has different style ones on it that I think are ugly and need a bunch of repairs

So I was hoping to find some replacements in better condition before I spend a bunch of time fixing what I have

Get me some good detailed photos of what you have. My truck is also Hayward built and 1978. I can compare your's to mine and quite possibly make you a set or dimensioned drawings to fabricate them yourself if the same as mine.  I have a broken plastic on on the right side; left is fine.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The white truck is a 1985 and I like that style better but the drivers side bracket is rusted out, and it's the only rust I have found on the truck. The truck started its life with Texaco and i found it in California. At some point in its life the frame rails were replaced

My 1975 has a different style on it and they need some serious repairs

0470024a763994735cbcc7c0a8a2f61f.jpg

I really don't have a good photo of mine but the mounts are a series of flat strap and square tubing welded together in a framework. This is the only photo I can find for now. I'll be out to the shop tomorrow and can grab more:

image.jpeg.25e5aa0e9834969ec2320e5808b04cdf.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there. I appreciate your inquiry and it could be done, but such a small quantity wouldn't be cost effective I'm afraid. I don't have current stock of materials and to garner favorable pricing, a much larger order than a small run would consume would be required.

A cursory glance appears a run of four pairs, (eight parts in total) would consume a very minimum order, but pricing would still be close to $225.00 per side in black, or white gelcoat. A bit much for a hobby expense other than a discerning restoration. What I build however will not be subject to breakage like the originals.

Thanks,

Rob

• 1 month later...