Red Engine-ABS/ATC Malfunction light after rain

Ive had a few red engine Macks kick the ABS, ATC and malfunction light on after raining.  Its always cleared and only came back after a good rain.  Ive feel like Ive been looking for this problem for years.  Our new Granite (1500miles) did it, but this time stayed active.  I found water in the chassis connector.  There are 2 connectors just above the air dryer, left frame rail, just behind cab.  The green one has the abs/atc wires in it.  Cleaned out and applied dielectric grease to the connector.  Cleared codes and its never came back.  Did this to all the red engine Macks and I have no more abs/atc and malfunction lights on after rain.   Also did the same to the black connector

Figured I cant be the only one with this problem. 

Edited by Challenger
Left not right
  • Like 1

We fight this problem every it rains as well. On our CXU daycabs we find the harness shorted to ground on the inside of the driver side frame rail . About half way between the. Back of the cab and the 5 th wheel. It seems Mack only makes one length of wiring harness ( can’t remember if it’s the front or rear ) . So on the shorter wheelbase trucks where the harness is to long , Mack folds it over on top of its self and zip ties it . Over the years the excess harness rubs the frame rail that’s it’s laying on and the issue shows on rainy days . 

• Like 1
  • Like 1