Old Fords Bringing in the Crop

Red Horse

Had more pix guys but as usual I have trouble uploading from my albums.  In anycase, the guys in the water corral the berries that are floating and get vacuumed up into a machine that separates the berries from  any "vine" and the stripped "vine" with the water shoots into the bed of the 650 dump.   Water drains out back and truck holds the "chaf"- i guess that is what you call it. You'll see flats like the one pulled by the Louisville running all over the place at this time of year.  Mass is 2nd to Wisc. in cranberry production and Mass crop this year is  expected to be 9 million barrels. At 100 lbs to the bbl, If you assume 40,000 lbs per that is 22,500 trailer loads!  In a short period of time. I saw another Ford (an LTA Aeromax) and what was either an HN -80 Louisville or a Sterling out on the edge of a bog off Rt 25 in Wareham.

that louisville is gorgeous....i drove one a short while back around 1994,,,really liked it....interesting i just recently saw one here in reno still out there delivering,,,bobtail...truck was in real good shape...... love to see those people doing a good business ....if this will help you i use BMT through tapatalk,,,and i am able to post photos on here right from my phone,,,but i cant post videos for some reason:idunno:....bob

11 minutes ago, mowerman said:

that louisville is gorgeous....i drove one a short while back around 1994,,,really liked it....interesting i just recently saw one here in reno still out there delivering,,,bobtail...truck was in real good shape...... love to see those people doing a good business ....if this will help you i use BMT through tapatalk,,,and i am able to post photos on here right from my phone,,,but i cant post videos for some reason:idunno:....bob

thanks Bob.  I use Chrome.  I'll try using Firefox which I also have.

I imagine that '94 in Reno is totally rust free too.

yes i was surprized to see that delivery truck still out there working....i havent seen one in years....that one looked real good,well yaken care of....didnt look beat up at all,,,that was the real interesting part....paint in good shape....truck looked like it had lotsa work ahead ,,,nowhere near retirement.didnt recognize the outfit,,,was delivering downtown Reno.bob

in fact ive got some body panels,,,ill be selling soon on here that im not going to need...for DM-U model.....im sure i wont have any trouble getting rid of them....bought them 30 years ago for a U model i wound up getting rid of....bob