Set back axle to set forward conversion.

RyanKing82

New here. Have a 98 CH single screw set back axle tractor. Super solid and very mechanically sound. Registered as an RV and I pull my custom made 52' "crawler hauler" gooseneck with it. I'm looking into information to convert the truck to a set forward axle. I have a few yards close to me with a ton of Mack trucks in them thanx to all the dumps and mixer trucks in the Midwest. Would love a list of things I could modify it move myself vs a list of things that need to be sourced from another truck. ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

Screenshot_20190724-213248.png

You will need front bumper bracket that will bolt on top of front spring hangers once you move it forward,shock towers are different mudflap hangers and brackets that goes behind front wheels,two small L shaped pieces that goes on bottom of cab that holds small rubber flap,there will also be a bracket that bolts on where front cab mount and lower front cab corner is different and of course a bumper and hood.

I was actually sent here by a guy in a FB group talking about you Joe. I found the other thread where you had stated you may have a parts list??? Is there a chance you still have that and I could get a copy of it? You could fax or email it to me. That would be a huge help Soni could start gathering stuff over time and maybe do the swap next winter. Thanx!!!

Go to a yard near you, snap tons of photos of a set forward axle truck, and note every difference you see, make your list off that.  Make sure you take a peak at the oil pan to make sure yours doesn't have the sump in the front whereas a set forward might have it in the back.

• Like 1

Oil pan is turned half around and sump tube switched around on axle forward but do know a guy that moved his axle without changing pan and never had any issues but he also didn't keep the truck to long afterwards so I don't know long term effects