GU air conditioning/no power

steeler

2014 GU713, I've got no power to the ac compressor. My wiring diagram is a bit outdated so I'm not sure I'm going in the right direction.

My diagram says fuse 53 is for the compressor, but the sheet in the fuse panel shows 53 as a spare. There was no fuse in it, and three is no power to it, even though it is pinned.

So does anyone know where the power comes from? I know it goes to the pressure switch, I have continuity from switch to compressor, but no power.

Thanks for any help guys.

One of the fuse /relay panels has an AC compressor relay that supplies power.  Also the low pressure switch the prevents the compressor from kicking in with less than 50 PSI in the system so I would also put a set of gauges on and check the pressure in the system for starters. 

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

8 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

One of the fuse /relay panels has an AC compressor relay that supplies power.  Also the low pressure switch the prevents the compressor from kicking in with less than 50 PSI in the system so I would also put a set of gauges on and check the pressure in the system for starters. 

Should have mentioned that I replaced the condenser due to a leak. I've also tried a new control panel and new temp sensor as well.

I don't have any fuses or relays that are labeled specifically for the compressor. There are a couple others that are marked HVAC, but they are powered and good. 

I did find a different diagram than the one I was using, it's showing power to the compressor coming directly from the control panel, unfused. I'll check for continuity on that circuit in the morning.

10 hours ago, steeler said:

Should have mentioned that I replaced the condenser due to a leak. I've also tried a new control panel and new temp sensor as well.

I don't have any fuses or relays that are labeled specifically for the compressor. There are a couple others that are marked HVAC, but they are powered and good. 

I did find a different diagram than the one I was using, it's showing power to the compressor coming directly from the control panel, unfused. I'll check for continuity on that circuit in the morning.

Eliminates alot with that info. Does you diagram show the compressor circut tied in with powering the engine fan?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

10 hours ago, 41chevy said:

Eliminates alot with that info. Does you diagram show the compressor circut tied in with powering the engine fan?

It shows that as separate. It has a separate pressure switch that sends is signal to the ecu for the fan. Didn't have a chance to work on It today, probably in the morning.

3 hours ago, steeler said:

It shows that as separate. It has a separate pressure switch that sends is signal to the ecu for the fan. Didn't have a chance to work on It today, probably in the morning.

On most systems if the fan can't power up when the AC is turned on the AC will not work either. Grounds , relays or ?

Edited by 41chevy

P.T.CHESHIRE

Well I found the problem. Pin 16 on the control panel is a ground, I was getting just enough of a ground to operate everything but the compressor. So after running a new ground I have good power to the compressor, but the clutch is toast. Oh well at least it'll be working tomorrow!