Sign in to follow this  
AugieB

"87 Superliner Alternator

New to the site so please excuse me if I'm doing this incorrectly.  I have a 1987 Superliner with the 350 motor my father bought new.  I'm was going to attempt to bring it back to life.   It's been sitting for a few years and I know it needs an alternator, I finally got it off but can't read the tag or get any info off of it.  Any idea on what it would be and the best place to get one?  I don't even know if the dealer can get stuff for a truck this age.  Thanks in advance for any info.

Have you dropped new batteries in it? If the old batteries are still in it I'm sure they have some dead cells that'd make a good alt look bad. Alternators are sometimes rebuildable by specialized shops. 

Yeah the batteries are shot, I haven't bought batteries yet.  The alternator was bad when it was parked.  

• Like 1

There is a lot of after market builders of alt any truck parts place sell simple 2-wire system  +  -.

If you punch your town/city into your profile someone here may know of a local place that'll take care of your alt for you.

Delco 22si is what is on my 88 superliner