The millionth Mack, Remember when it rolled off the assembly line? It was a superliner and it went to Yarmouth Lumber in Maine. I don't remember the date but that was quite the time for Mack. Just like the last Superliner made, it went to the Yaworski brothers in Canterbury,Ct. Do you think the new truck models well reach the same benchmark as the millionth mack did? Tim :thumb:B)

humm not quite sure of this. people want good looking truck and now there is the Rawhide. we were looking to bought one but it's quite expensive for the option they offers. will keep our R on the road and continu to see black smoke and pure old Mack power. will never get rid of these Mack. but sincerely I wish cauz it's the oldest truck builder ans a passion for lots of peoples. who didn't drive an old B model or didn't start is trucking life in a MAck???

I think that the newer trucks can and will last longer (milage wise)because the development and engineering that goes into the drive train allows the componets to last longer. Macks were known for reliability in the off road use where most trucks would fall apart. with todays trucks I see big lack of styling but the major componets seem to hold up for the most part. Dont get me wrong the plastic junk they use on trucks today looks like crap but it wont rust. In my opinion Trucks of today are made for disposal after they wear out so In that case I dont see them lasting as long in the public eye. New rigs also dont have that magic that the old trucks have. I know some diffrent tricks on my old macks that make them perform, drive better. With the new trucks I dont find these tricks that make me smile.

just my .02

I've driven Post Office MRs with 700,000 city miles and more recently UPS CHs with over a million miles. All ran almost as good as new, and I have yet to see rust on a galvanized R or CH cab. These new Macks are going to be around for a long time!

BTW, the clutch on the mid 90s CHs I'ved driven seemed really high effort compared to the older Rs and MCs I've driven- am I getting older or are these clutches getting tougher than the old ones? I also ran a couple Visions around the hub a few days ago and the clutch seemed easier- perhaps Mack has noted this problem and partially fixed it? I'm still looking forward to trying the newest Macks with the air assisted clutch.

One down side of the Vision was the Eaton Fuller transmission- amazing how driving a "Roadranger" reminds you of how much better the Mack box is. It seems that Eaton has given their 'box a postage stamp sized gate in hopes of making the thing feel like a car transmission. The result is an imprecise (what gear am I in?) high effort gear griding experience. In contrast the Maxitorque still feals like a truck tranny, with a wide gate and reasonable effort that make shifting easy.