The Volkswagen Constellation 26.420 - "The Money Maker"

kscarbel2

Engine: Cummins ISL 420hp / 1,850N.m

Engine Brake: Cummins C Brake

Emissions Reduction Technology: Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR)

Clutch: ZF Sachs 430mm

Transmission: 16-speed ZF 16AS 2230 TD Automated Manual Transmission (AMT)

Steer Axle: Dana 13K

Drive Axles: Meritor MT-50-168

Wheels: Alcoa 8.25 x 22.5

Tires: 295/80R22.5

Spec Sheet (Especificações Técnicas😞 https://www.vwco.com.br/produtos-volkswagen/modelo/constellation-7/26-420-6x4-tractor-v-tronic-35

Photo 4a.jpg

Photo 5.jpg

Photo 2.jpg

Photo 3.jpg

Constellation-Advantech-25-390-Motorista-1.jpg

Surprises me to see a Cummin's engine. I thought they were big on integrated powertrains.

Together with Navistar they are supposed to be working on a new engine for north America.

I know nothing about their trucks, but I do enjoy my VW car and SUV. Unfortunately I cannot buy any more. My dealer put their hoist through the floor of my wifes new Jetta when it was in for an oil change, and neither them or VW Canada would do anything about it. So they lost me as a customer.

14 minutes ago, Bullheaded said:

Surprises me to see a Cummin's engine. I thought they were big on integrated powertrains.

Together with Navistar they are supposed to be working on a new engine for north America.

I know nothing about their trucks, but I do enjoy my VW car and SUV. Unfortunately I cannot buy any more. My dealer put their hoist through the floor of my wifes new Jetta when it was in for an oil change, and neither them or VW Canada would do anything about it. So they lost me as a customer.

Going back to 2007, the original big engine in the Constellations was the Navistar 9.3-litre HT570 produced by MWM in Brazil with a Volkswagen-branded valve cover.

Photo 5.jpg

bg2.jpg

bg3.jpg