Bis launches mine haulage truck

kscarbel2

Prime Mover Magazine  /  March 22, 2019

Mining services company, Bis, is leveraging its position as a mine haulage operator and original equipment manufacturer to design and build a robust haul truck in-house in Perth, Western Australia.

Bis has named the truck Rexx, which reportedly offers ‘compelling’ value to miners. Rexx is built to carry a 160-tonne payload, and is expected to travel more than four times further than conventional dump trucks.

Rexx will form part of Bis’ suite of bespoke load and haul solutions, which also includes dual powered road trains.

Speaking at the product launch in Perth, Bis CEO, Brad Rogers, said Rexx was a game changer for mine haulage, incorporating the best features of long-haul road trains and short haul mine trucks.

“Rexx’s robust and simple design leverages our existing knowledge and resources,” he said.

“This has meant we were able to keep our manufacturing costs low, allowing Bis to deliver savings to customers through our service delivery model.  

“At Bis, we are driven by bringing technology and innovation to our customers to deliver real value. We are very excited about the opportunity that Rexx creates for a whole range of mining operations in Australia and internationally.”

Rexx has been designed to operate on narrower, lower specification roads. The design, according to Bis, offers a smoother ride and better visibility for operators and dramatically improved tyre management. Rexx has also been designed for ease of maintenance. 

Rexx’s greater distance capability is said to eliminate the need for double handling and its associated risks. Designed with the highest safety requirements in mind, Rexx is equipped with Bis’ fatigue management system, as well as 360-degree view cameras and reversing cameras for greater hazard management.

PM-news-bis-Rexx-b-0319.jpg

Photo 2.jpg