237 oil filter leaks

Well, the old adage of fix it right once..............or do it over a few times!

When I first put the 237 together I rebuilt the oil cooler and installed new O rings.  I also installed new o rings on the two fittings.

Last spring I noticed a leak around the filters.  I got two more o rings and pulled that front housing off and sealed it up.   

Well I should have torn that whole assembly down before installing it.  Now, it's the rear o rings going to the stand that runs down to the block.  Ugh.  What a PITA to get that all off(in a B model),  but I had no thought about tearing into it before installing it(with engine sitting on the floor of garage all handy like) with no intake on it.   Now it's back to Mack for a few more o rings...and I'm replacing all(including the ones I already did).  Plus a new gasket for the block plate.

Lesson learned.  I knew well enough to rebuild the cooler, but the rest of the connections I figured were good.  Wrong.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"