2007 CHN613 engine swap

BidRedUgly

Looking at repowering my 07 CHN613. Currently, it has an AC380/410. Which engine is the better choice to move into, the 427 or 460. I have 4.10 rears behind a 13 speed. I don't know the final ratio of the tyranny. Anyway, the 380/410 is underpowered for what I do, which is a mixture of light and heavier loads. I occasionally run out west into the mountains, but I'm mostly midwest 'flat land'. I need more power, but torque is nice on the hills. The 380/410 has that nice steep torque curve. As I understand it the 460 has to be revved up to 1800 to maximize torque and hp. Is the 427 a better compromise? Asking for me!

When I say repower, I intend to do an engine swap. I'm just undecided on which engine to swap in. Also, are there any considerations to make such as the truck computer, air compressor swap, or any other things to take into consideration? Is it a plug and play operation in other words?

Edited by BidRedUgly
Wrong word