Superliner Chassis

BAD DOG

:SMOKIE-RT: I've been looking for a driver side framerail for my 89 RW 700 . But I have not had much luck finding a good one near me. A friend of mine has a complete rolling chassis for a early 80's Superliner 1 . What do you guys think of the idea of reworking my Superliner 2 cab and parts onto a Superliner 1 Chassis?

:SMOKIE-RT: I've been looking for a driver side framerail for my 89 RW 700 . But I have not had much luck finding a good one near me. A friend of mine has a complete rolling chassis for a early 80's Superliner 1 . What do you guys think of the idea of reworking my Superliner 2 cab and parts onto a Superliner 1 Chassis?

Stay with the second generation, steering setup, radiator support, and hood attachment are problem areas on the first generation.

F W

Two different frames. Cruiseliner and Superliner 1 used one. Ultraliner, Superliner 2, and CL used another.

Thanks for that correction. I was under the impression they were all the same. I suppose they changed them to accommodate the front mounted aftercoolers.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

:SMOKIE-RT: I was hoping to just change framerails rather than a total chassis conversion. The W.B. now is short 196'' framerail length of about 24' end to end on a New Way air ride, 3/8'' single rail. If I could find a longer set in good shape even with a camelback bolt pattern that would work I can always drill them for my New Way. Mine used to be a246" W.B. be for I shortened it.