Need computer best reasonable price

Moparmike

12MS517BM is usually current part number for a 99-01 ETECH engine ecm. We used to reflash used ones and put the correct data in then to match the truck/engine. As long as it was a ecm part number that interchanged with the original it would work.  Mack still has plenty of Reman ECM’s for the ETECH  (VMAC 3) style engines .  However VMAC 1&2 are not looking good. A Reman ecm also comes only with a basic data in it for the engine to run, usually about 250 HP. You gotta get it flashed to match your original engine. 

Edited by Mackpro
  • Like 1

Mackpro I've found a  company that has a ecm same numbers same engine would I still need a reflash or it would be hit or miss..also what's the average cost of a reflash on the ecm..

Also hi tech in Texas said they would repair what's wrong on my ecm and send it back its 750.00 

Thanks for all the help.

I've had this truck 6 mths been in the shop all 6 except for 1 week new inframe and clutch now 30 miles down the road ecm goes out ..

Is it in a RD? If so, early RD’s with ETECHs were know to fry engine ECM’s a lot . The engine ECM’s were bolted to the RH side of the block , when the front and rear motor mounts would wear out the engine could lean enough when going off road or in a hard pull and the frame mounted fuel filter stand would  hit the engines ecm and barely dent it and it would fry. Seen it a bunch. If this is the case , check or replace the front and rear motor mount rubbers and bolts

Edited by Mackpro

The VECU stores and computes lots of info. Mileage, tire size , rear axle gear ratio,  transmission type, transmission top gear ratio, pto rpm settings, throttle position, cruise control speed , road speed limits, and sends data to the dash if you have a electronic dash and also stores the VIN number . Most VECUs have the same part number except for the last couple of numbers. They end in M-1 through M -22, some cross and some dont. They can be reflashed to the correct Vin if the part number crosses to the original part number

Ok guys put the vecm my buddy has in truck runs great .does the vecm store codes from the previous truck..soon as I started the truck it has 3 codes 1/3 5/5 7/ 2 ..the lighting volt seems to stay on ..can I have the codes cleared and hopefully the light goes out ..drove it about 80 miles home no problem..thank In advance