Among the coolest things I ever did...........

1958 F.W.D.

19 minutes ago, other dog said:

Excellent product.

Myself was looking into buying 1; did you get the 181/2” 1? Does the basic package come with everything you need? Them dudes aient cheap but it’d worth it according to y’all’s comments. I’m not the best cook in town for sure.

1 hour ago, 1965 said:

Myself was looking into buying 1; did you get the 181/2” 1? Does the basic package come with everything you need? Them dudes aient cheap but it’d worth it according to y’all’s comments. I’m not the best cook in town for sure.

Get the basic 18.5" $299 set (no add-ons.) Yes it is worth every penny and if you are not a good cook or you have never had a smoker before, it is perfect. As long as you follow the "basic" instructions (with a little fine-tuning/trial-and-error of your own as you go along) you will love it. Check out their website, they have a lot of great videos on how to use it and also a lot of recipes, too. If you need any help along the way you are welcome to contact me. 

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

5 minutes ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

Get the basic 18.5" $299 set (no add-ons.) Yes it is worth every penny and if you are not a good cook or you have never had a smoker before, it is perfect. As long as you follow the "basic" instructions (with a little fine-tuning/trial-and-error of your own as you go along) you will love it. Check out their website, they have a lot of great videos on how to use it and also a lot of recipes, too. If you need any help along the way you are welcome to contact me. 

Thanks; do they send recipes booklet with it? I’ve cooked stuff before and turned out great, but also had some flops.

On 6/30/2018 at 7:17 PM, 1965 said:

Thanks; do they send recipes booklet with it? I’ve cooked stuff before and turned out great, but also had some flops.

No, the recipes are all videos on their website. 

Here is a recipe I created on my own, which I did at the picnic at Macungie as  well as the Mack Museum Christmas Party: Smoke Roast Beef

One (or more!) round roasts

Yellow Mustard

Dry Rub Spices

-Start your charcoal according to the device instructions (I use a chimney)
while waiting for the charcoal to get going, rinse the (room temperature) roast beef in warm water, pat dry with a paper towel. Apply yellow mustard liberally, coating the entire roast. Then apply the dry rub to suit your tastes. 

Put the charcoal into the pit barrel (I find it MUCH easier to pour the chimney activated charcoal into the empty basket OUT of the barrel, put the remaining un-fired charcoal on top of the fired charcoal, and then use heavy welding gloves to drop the basket into the barrel.) Then hang the meat. Put the lid on and for a three to four pound round roast, it will take 2-4 hours to develop an internal temp of 160 degrees (a very pink and juicy medium) I like it less pink (but not destroyed.) so I bring it up to about 165 internal temp. 

It all looks intimidating but once you get the hang of it you will be fine. Just don't do any expensive cuts right out of the gate- no briskets or rib roasts until you get the hang of it!!!! 

• Like 2

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS