MP8 repair manuals

I'm trying to find an overlapping Mack MP8 service manual for my Volvo D13J. Volvo tried to make a good manual, but it just isn't there. Mack E-media does not answer the question........

1. What is the MP8 base engine different in MP8 EPA 10 Vs. MP8 EPA 14, or is it all about after treatment differences? Is the base manual for 2010 MP8 the same right up till the new common rail?

2. Does the MP8 manual still look as good as the E-tech did, or do they resemble the publisher I pictured at the top?

Volvo....... 0-100 repair points <_<.

1420997446_manualvolvo.JPG.8acd71f65c84130f6c85c551133fb1d2.JPG

Mack E-Tech... all steps broken down into short specific 1-6 repair points. lots of good separated notes/service hints/cautions. :clap:

1747844799_manualmack.JPG.f45b839ec191d41387399eca29f1066c.JPG

Any input greatly appreciated.

Edited by Mack Technician

The only MP8 paper service manual I have seen was for 2007/2008 emissions . For newer trucks you have to buy the big binder($350) with all the printed material from Impact. Basically they print it from Impact and put it in a binder and charge you $350. As far as differences in 2010 to 14 emissions engines are injector part numbers , doing away with exhaust shims, egr valve and diff sensor upgrades and SCR box is different part numbers. 2 piece valve cover. And of course software changes. Their might be more but that's all I can think of for now

Edited by Mackpro
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mackpro said:

The only MP8 paper service manual I have seen was for 2007/2008 emissions . For newer trucks you have to buy the big binder($350) with all the printed material from Impact. Basically they print it from Impact and put it in a binder and charge you $350. As far as differences in 2010 to 14 emissions engines are injector part numbers , doing away with exhaust shims, egr valve and diff sensor upgrades and SCR box is different part numbers. 2 piece valve cover. And of course software changes. Their might be more but that's all I can think of for now

Thanks MPro. There will be no overlap then. Appreciate it.