2004 E7 427

Al and son

I have a 2004 e7 egr engine.  The egr cooler is totally plugged.  It has oil leaking from the exhaust manifold bolts,  the freeze plugs are leaking,  and blow by is coming from the front main seal.  I'm having the cooler cleaned.  Would that cooler being plugged cause back pressure in the engine? Is there a vent system that maybe plugged that is causing the blow by comming from the front seal? The engine has no power.  Mack sent an oil sample out,  i don't see any signs of coolant/ oil mixing.  Is this a issue of to much pressure inside the block? So far its been to 3 different shops.  2 said oh is bad and we aren't opening a can of worms.  Of coarse after they charged me $1000 and $1400 for mickey mouse fixes.  Now Mack has had it for 2 weeks,  said its throwing an egr valve code,  they said it is working, and 2 injector codes.  They don't want to work on it either. They all say its bad, but wont tell me why. They all want 10s of thousands of dollars to fix it.  What on earth is going on with this thing?

The egr cooler is clear.  Going to pull the heads to get the freeze plugs replaced and gone through.  Guess the rings are getting bad. That will be a battle for another day. I'll have the crank breather checked as well

If it were mine  for the cost of a set of rings some bearings and a pan gasket while the heads were off, I would run a hone down the jugs  and install new rings just sayin!:huh:

Never saw pressure blowing out of a front Teflon crank seal.  ( me neather) Also if the bloby is worse under power it can be a turbo seal issue also very common with the AI  and some AC turbos!  We also have several trucks running around with the cooler blocked off totally no coolant running thru or egr they perform OK ! sumthing to think on! be sure to replace the rocker bolts in any case

Edited by fjh

There isn't coolant in the oil. The heads are getting done. It's looking like the previous owner didn't maintain this truck at all. I'll clean the crank case breather when it gets home. I'm sure it hasn't been cleaned in 10 years