Which Mack models shared the same chassis or platform?

10 hours ago, Vladislav said:

A bit more of useful info

Thank you Vladislav! Yes, I used the same pictures to make the frame so far. And there is info about the size of the width of the frame at the back side, but no info for the front. For sure if someone has info for the front - this will be great! I suppose that the MH frame does not have straight rails, so for the moment I think to make the front part copying the Volvo's VHD frame as size and widening. 

Also I was looking for information, pics and etc. for the front suspension of the MH - how it is fit / pin / connected to the front part, but I could not find. There are pics for the twin steering, but no info for the single steering.
For sure it will be of a great help if someone can share pics or info about it. 

Thank you everyone in advance!

I made a measurement - the distance between the rails at the very front of MH chassis is 1075 - 1076 mm. Measured over outer sides of the ends of the rails. 

Answering the other question that MH/RW2 chassis has its unique style and has nothing in common with a Volvo frame. 

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

22 hours ago, Vladislav said:

I made a measurement - the distance between the rails at the very front of MH chassis is 1075 - 1076 mm. Measured over outer sides of the ends of the rails. 

Answering the other question that MH/RW2 chassis has its unique style and has nothing in common with a Volvo frame. 

Vladislav, Thank you so much! I have just corrected the front part size according to the information you provided!

And yes, you are absolutely correct - Volvo and MACK frames are different.

By the way I used this picture for the overall measurements of the MH, but I am sure that the wheel base can be different for many of the models, since there are one and two rear axles models, twin steering, tractors, rigid and etc.

image.thumb.jpeg.592442e6d2a4bc3c77b018288f7256c8.jpeg

Do you by any chance have pictures of the front suspension of MH? 

I have picture of the front leaf springs, but no info or pic on the brackets that are used to fit the leaf spring to the frame. So I am looking for the way the front suspension is fixed to the frame.

image.jpeg.662120d97057c45fa34898dc22290af1.jpeg

Edited by MackMHUltraliner

If you want accurate figures for your model project don't use sizes measured off a diagram. They're drawn schematically and in the most cases not up to scale. Factory blue print would work but they're for a certain part or a unit, not a whole rig. Another way of scaling off is a photo taken from a big distance. For perfection it's a photo made by yourself using zoom. Sure such approach is seldom achievable so pics from the net makes the job. Look for good ones made at right angle. You need one known measurement (for example the wheel base or a tyre OD) which allows you to count out others by proportioning.

You're right The Most of Mack models were offered with different wheel bases. MH was not an exclusion. BTW right at the moment I'm on a hunt for the MH wheelbase chat. Need it for my big scale project. Haven't found any so far but noted a few exact figures. Including that one pointed in the diagram you posted. That figure of 4140 mm means 163 inches. Other figures I previousely saw all were odd numbers (for RW's and CL's too). But for example R-models (along with a few other older ones) are even. This way I suspect odd number for the wheelbase is a feature for MH/RW/CL chassis. If I'm not wrong Mack used to offer a line of wheelbases to choose from with a certain step. Particulary it was 4 or 6 or 8 inches. If I know that step exactly I would be fine with what I'm looking for. Unfortunately IDK yet.

Speaking the spring brackets style and other chassis components I have a bunch of pics made from under trucks. I just don't want to flood up the forum with such content which is doubtly interesting for the most of the folks on here. Also they images are heavy and upload capacity of an account is limited (ask me how I know). So PM me your e-mail and I would send what you want to see your way.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012