engine fan issue

shaun mac

hi guys i have a new 2017 rawhide. it has an electric engine fan that screams wide open when i start the truck  eventually it seems like it slows down but never shuts off. my dealers thinks i'm nuts.  etech says it should run wide open for  1o minutes when its cold. i get that but what about the next 13 hours the truck runs. any ideas for a bad setting in the ecm or something else

Given it's a new 2017 truck, this is a warranty matter for a Mack brand dealer to resolve.

If no Mack brand dealer can address it to your satisfaction, I suggest you contact Mack brand customer satisfaction at +1 (866) 298-6586.

Get the customer after-sales support from the manufacturer that you paid for in purchasing a new truck.

The electric viscous fan never fully disengages. This is normal. The only other option on a Mack now is the Horton 2 speed air fan clutch. And even it still spins pretty good when disengaged. On the electric viscous fan, the tech can view fan speed and turn fan on and off with Tech Tool. Your truck is to new for the problematic Borg Warner electric viscous fan.  The Behr fan that you have is very trouble free. 

• Like 1