Need help with ENDT676 sleeve

Triggerhappy

I'm working on an ENDT676, engine was out of framed a year ago. It developed a cracked head so we pulled it apart to fix. Found 2 sleeves that can be moved by hand. The question I have is, are the sleeves supposed to be interference fit, or how tight should they be? The block was cut for .010 over sleeves, 4 of them are tight but two move. Azny help would bed appreciated. Have had no luck so far finding what the block bore should be compared to the sleeve outer diameter.

Thanks!

9 hours ago, turckster said:

The spec for liner fit in the bore is .002" loose to .001" tight. Liners moving while rotating the engine is nothing to worry about. If they do move, make sure no debris or crud gets under the liner flange. 

If you are concerned clean and dri the bore , I have put a small amount of lock tight at the very bottom of the bore  however I also  would not be too concerned  as stated  00,2 is still ok don't forget the liner will likely swell as the engine warms  , It ran before it will run again! 

Just sayin!

• Like 2