hopping issue

2000CL713

It has a lot less weight on the tyres when empty so they are a lot more likely to skip side ways and not track 
When it has a load on the tyres would be more likely to track with all that extra weight on

If this has only started since you put the poly ones in, or has only become more apparent since you put the poly ones in it may be worth looking into trying the rubber ones again

Paul

On 10/21/2017 at 2:12 AM, 2000CL713 said:

seeing if anyone can help me with this problem. on a 2000 CL713. i have Mack camel-back susp. the problem is when i go around a turn the rear tires hop. it all started when i changed the rear spring insulators/bushings. iv had it at mack and the chassis shop and they cant fine anything wrong with it. one guy at the chassis shop said it could be the insulators/bushings are to stiff. i used the dark blue ones. i was told there are 3 difference kinds but im not sure... has anyone had this problem or heard of it or if diff pads will help?? 

parts that are new

springs and trunnion and stand. basically everything in the rear susp wise has been replaced. had everything replaced bc the older versions are prone to cracking and wanted to get it done before that. 

The bloke at the chassis shop did suggest this as well and it has only started since then
I reckon there has gotta be some clues here for sure 

Even just parked bobtail in the drive after I turned into the house I reckon my drive is a 1 inch or more out of align but drive 20 yards don the road in a straight line you couldnt line them up better with string line 

They obviously have to be able to move a fare way on there own 

Paul

• 3 weeks later...