What are the major annual antique truck shows in the U.K and Australia?

I am planning to visit Australia within the next year during Australian football (AFL) season and was hoping I could coordinate the trip with attending a major Antique truck show.

I am also planning to visit the U.K and would also love to visit a similar show.

When and where are the major annual antique truck shows in these countries similar to our Macungie and ATHS shows in the U.S?

Swishy Ya beat me to it mate!!! 

The two main ones are the Haulin' and Crawlin' the Hume in April, and the Truckie's Reunion at the Hall of Fame in Alice Springs in August of every 5 years, the next being 2020. The Hume Highway runs 500 miles from Sydney to Melbourne and is in Aussie folklore the same as US 66 is to American. These 300+  truck convoys on the old road go half way alternating direction each year. South bound from Sydney to Yass is in 2019.

Stephanie Anton, santon@cruiseplanners.com is working on tours to each. Here is a link to my report on the 2015 Alice Springs tour: http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/84264/Down-Under-Trip?Keywords=Down Under Trip  500+ pictures. Please ignore some of the BS that got involved.

The HCVC website has a separate topic area "Events Talk" near the bottom of the General Truck Talk page which will give you an idea of the local shows and if any of the dates match yours.

Enjoy OZ!! We had a great trip. Fantastic people and warm hospitality. I am planning on going back down for the Hume in 2019, even if Stephanie does not do a tour. One of my friends on Just Old Trucks has invited me to codrive his Pete.

Edited by Brocky
  • Like 1

Brocky