Been Busy....

So last month I made the switch from tanks to dumps...not sure if its temporary or permanent yet, my truck is set up for both. :twothumbsup:

l_b3336f3a983d4fe2aaa075717fb522e4.jpg

l_4477c9c00ca24205aa90c145cd19cfba.jpg

The only problem was that the 5th wheel that was on the truck had to be slid all of the way back in order to pin it. This only let me get 9,500 on my steers, even when the drives were approaching 38,000. :pat:

l_64d13afcd23d221c377936c8ae53d176.jpg

Unfortunately, that also moved the front of the trailer behind the front drive axle, so the 1/4 fender wasn't really doing much to protect the back of the cab. :wacko:

l_ec940c6d34e94a44b937df81093fb63f.jpg

So, I bought some take-off fenders from the company I'm leased to...when they sell trailers, they pull the fenders off if they are dinged up and replace 'em with new ones...that way they can sell that trailer for more, I guess. :idunno: Anyway, picked up a pair of fenders from them for $57.50...scrap price. :chili: Then I stopped by the local Mack dealer to order up a new 5th wheel...and while I was at it, I also ordered up one of those bars that mount on the back of the cab to hang my air & electric...wanted to be able to remove the pogo stick from the catwalk that I keep tripping over. :blush: I was HOPING for full fenders, but there was a SLIGHT problem...the new fenders wouldn't clear the 5th wheel pin, so they had to be cut down. :blink: We slid the 5th wheel all of the way back, then trimmed the fenders to be as long as possible and still be able to remove the pin...so instead of full fenders, I got 1/2 fenders. Once the 5th wheel pin is in/out, it can be slid to where it needs to be to axle out. :dwave:

l_b9b27157ba094527b610a9f44f3e42ed.jpg

l_0c9c90d0647f45e8ac9ce5879ddbd6c1.jpg

It all works great, too....kept my cab clean on a pretty sloppy day. B)

l_5e1d7dbfc69a428990af3847a7f62015.jpg

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Glad to hear you're making out ok. Was wondering about you since it had been awhile since you've posted. Having a truck set up for "multi usage" is no doubt a benefit such as you have mentioned and experienced. It seems to have played a part in keeping you working.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Yeah...got slow on tanks, so I got 'em to give me a dump trailer to pull....now I got more work than I can get done... :wacko:

This truck never ceases to amaze me though...especially now that I'm pulling dumps. I'm going in and out of places under my own power that are leaving the company drivers in their petercars & freightshakers with their full lockers struggling or stuck...and most of the time I haven't even engaged the power divider :lol:

I'll be getting 8 new drives early next month...ought to make it even more capable. Leaning hard towards Michelin's XDE M/S...75 mph rated with deep, aggressive lugs. These chinacrap tires still got some meat on 'em, but the treads are dry-rotted and cracking, and one tire chunked off some tread bobtailing home after buying it...who knows how long they sat on or off the truck before I bought it. Drive tires are long overdue. :pat:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!