'01 CH613. 355/380. HELP IS APPRECIATED

RLC

Question

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this site and new to Mack's. Im looking at buying a '01 CH 613 with the 355/380 E-7.  How do I know if this truck has the CCRS or Pre-CCRS engine?  Any one out there know what the vin# or eng.#  break is?  I'm under the impression one can be uprated safety without having to change many (if any) hard parts.  I know it's a 355/380 but was also wondering how this truck will pull?  Will use to pull 36' dump hauling demo. debris and a 50k LB. excavator locally in S. GA.  Not worried abt. getting there in record time just want the truck to do the job. Truck has 10speed and 4.17 gear on 11R/24.5.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

4 answers to this question

As 880joe said , ETECH/pre CCRS engine have the fuel return jumper between heads and also the plastic fuel return line coming off front or back head going to the fuel pressure relief valve on RH side of block. If you can give me the last 6 of the vin I can pull it up and check for sure tomorrow 

Thanks guys, I haven't been able to get back to the truck to check for the return lines yet but the last 6 of the vin# is 138164.  I do know trucks I.D. plate is stamped 7-18-00 but its an '01 model year.

Yours is showing to be built on  6/27/2000.  And is  a regular ETECH , not a CCRS . Your 355/380  has 1560 FT torque .  To go to 460 HP it would take  turbo and injectors and removing the camshaft and installing off-set key to prevent overheating in summer. And you would only gain 100 FT pounds of torque.  The 350-400 and 355/380 all were exact same engines with different downloads. The 427-460 used different turbo, injectors,  cam key way and of course different downloads. However there are aftermarket injectors and turbos out there.