High beam problem

I'm working on a 2001 mack ch613, the hi beam lights up with the flash to pass but not with the dimmer switch. The dimmer is working like it should at the column but no change in the head lamps. Is there a relay that controls the hi beam on/off and if so where is it located? I've checked the fuse box on pass. Side of dash but nothing is labeled. Any schematic or advice would be much appreciated!!!

Thank you for the advice and schematic. When testing I found one leg in the tilt Ray circuit to pulse between + and -. Is that normal. The switch seems to be functional. I can jump the relay and the hi beams come on. But not with the switch. I've swapped the relays and still no Good.

1 hour ago, Dag061583 said:

Thank you for the advice and schematic. When testing I found one leg in the tilt Ray circuit to pulse between + and -. Is that normal. The switch seems to be functional. I can jump the relay and the hi beams come on. But not with the switch. I've swapped the relays and still no Good.

Pulse is not normal. It's not logical enough to be switching it's own polarity. You must have a thermal auto-reset fuse opening and closing relative to it's own temp. Follow the circuit backwards to the cause of short.

I once had a dash "smoke out" on a truck that was pulsing the thermal reset fuse. The guy had been driving it that way for days (weeks?), eventually the fuse will fail closed and WHOOF. Burned the harness from the turn signal switch to the main power in about five seconds. Glad I was driving around the lot not on the road, rubber insulation smoke is tear gas. Fuse turned a defining color.    

• Like 1

• 6 years later...