B Mack Right Rear Hub

Hello every one I have a cracked Hub on my 1954 B Mack I have looked for a cast # I have read up on and believe the # is 8Q414 does anyone know if that is right? Also where a guy might find one? I might have a guy with one but he wants me to make sure of the cast #. Any ways hope some one has the answers I am looking for. Thanks Mike.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2017 at 10:37 PM, ttttrucks said:

Hello every one I have a cracked Hub on my 1954 B Mack I have looked for a cast # I have read up on and believe the # is 8Q414 does anyone know if that is right? Also where a guy might find one? I might have a guy with one but he wants me to make sure of the cast #. Any ways hope some one has the answers I am looking for. Thanks Mike.

I have an 8QJ414 on my B46. Flickr photo below

There was a couple of these in the Northeast area for $200 each plus shipping. I had a hub (not the 8QJ414) with what I thought was one crack - it had three cracks that I welded with a MIG welder. Cast steel, not cast iron so they weld without too much worry of cracking. It was a really poor casting that had a lot of factory welding/repair work - which gave me confidence in repairing/welding

https://www.flickr.com/photos/emack/34284586823/in/album-72157684558130216/

Casting number of good wheel

• Like 1