Life is Short

fxfymn

So sad to hear of your loss, I for one am convinced that we have a definite appointment with death and there really is no way to know when it is....and there is also no escaping it. It's the only way I can rationalize how I, and many of the people around me  survived to be at the age I'm now at (61) and have watched many of my closest friends die a much younger death. Take care and stay safe out there.

You have hit on what I have come to believe exactly. In my 32 years on the job I dealt with so many folks who kissed their spouse goodbye in the morning and never came home that night, often through absolutely no fault of their own. Life is very capricious. 

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

And best not to help fate with our own stupidity! Back when I started at Hostess in the 70s the old heads reminded me to use the seat belt, telling me the tale of a driver who fell out of a truck when the door popped open and he was thrown up and to the left on a big bump and was run over by the trailer wheels.

And best not to help fate with our own stupidity!

Sometimes Darwin was right. I've also seen plenty of really stupid stunts pulled by folks who should have died, but didn't.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!