Convoy to ATHS Des Moines

farmer52

A group of guys from south central PA are planning to convoy to the national ATHS show in Des Moines, IA.  The plan is to leave the Altoona, PA area on Tuesday morning May 23rd (O dark 30) via Route 22.  Quick stop at Watt's to meet Tim Hoover and then on to New Stanton.  Travel west on I-70 and stop at London, OH (exit 79).  Then continue west on I-70 to Indy then I-74 west to Danville, IL where we will overnight at the Sleep Inn.  On Wednesday we will continue west on I-74 to I-80 west to Des Moines.  We will leave Des Moines on Sunday morning (28th) and return on the same route with stop for the night at Richmond, IN (New Paris OH Fairfield Inn).  Then return home on Monday.

I will be leaving Tuesday morning from my residence in Canton, OH and driving I-77 south to Route 30 west to I-71 and south to Columbus OH.  I will be meeting the PA group in London, OH (exit 79).

If anyone is interested in being part of our convoy, send an email to rollhauler at outlook dot com and put "Des Moines Convoy" in the subject.

I saw in WoT another group is planning a convoy from MD via Route 30.  Route 30 would be an interesting route but will take forever with mountains, two lane highway, and small towns.

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

• 2 months later...

Just over one (1) week till we travel to Des Moines.  Tim Hoover will not be joining the convoy as he is leaving on Tuesday evening and travelling the PA/OH/IN turnpike route.  Per the original message, contact me if you are interested in joining.

Safe travels to those headed to Des Moines.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"