What's It Worth?

ncdumptrucker

Hey Everybody! New to this forum and glad to be a new member. I was wondering if someone could tell me what a 1966 B81 Mack Dump Truck would be worth. Looking to purchase this truck for $4,500. Runs out good and everything looks to be very restorable and in good shape. Has a 250 Thermodyne,58 rears,quad box, and air plow. Is it worth the investment?

These old trucks always fall into the "what are you willing to pay for it" routine. Is it a good deal to you?

Personally, without looking at it, I don't think it's a bad price. How's the tires? body/rust?, brakes? etc? How much do you plan on using it, and how roadworthy is it?

This topic gets discussed alot, and I think most will agree with what I have said so far.

Welcome to BMT and Good luck with the truck.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

dump trucks here in the north east are notorious for rust between the frame rails that eventually spreads the rails so far they crack at the bend of the flange length wise. cracked and broken cross members,broken springs and worn out suspension can all await you beneath 39 years of crud. i found out the hard way and bought the truck before i found all its flaws. when i removed the dump body and sub frame i was sick to see how bad the chassis was on my B-61sx, all three top flanges were worn and cracked to the trunion support. restoring a truck that size is a HUGE and EXPENSIVE project no matter how you look at it. just a couple of things to think about before you open your wallet. good luck scott

dump trucks here in the north east are notorious for rust between the frame rails that eventually spreads the rails so far they crack at the bend of the flange length wise. cracked and broken cross members,broken springs and worn out suspension can all await you beneath 39 years of crud. i found out the hard way and bought the truck before i found all its flaws. when i removed the dump body and sub frame i was sick to see how bad the chassis was on my B-61sx, all three top flanges were worn and cracked to the trunion support. restoring a truck that size is a HUGE and EXPENSIVE project no matter how you look at it. just a couple of things to think about before you open your wallet. good luck scott

Had the same problem with my first B. The more I took it apart the more problems I found due to rust.(mostly around the trunion aera) Double frames are great for the dirt but if they used salt in the aera that the old truck lived its almost cirtan that it will have spread the rails somewhere?

check the window aeras and rear cab wall for rust