2017 farm wages

gearhead204

just found out our new wage schedule for H2A farm workers in Washington state for fruit work will be $13.38/hr. starting next month. I need to go to work for my self ! ( state min wage is 10.47),  I'm struggling to find enough workers so I am looking into the h2a deal, if I go that route, any other employee  I have also goes to 13.38 while I have the contracted workers here  ( so the high school kids that help during cherry harvest will also get 13.38 ) pretty good wages for riding a 4 wheeler!  the scary part is if I agree to the contract period 90 days and X amount of hours I must guarantee 75% of the contract ( still awaiting acts of god info) to see if I would still have to pay? must also pay trans to and from Mexico plus housing and then weekly trans to and from groc, store

A    H2A  employee could never be a truck driver, must have a 100sq. ft. of living space and 50 sq. ft. of sleeping space! no wonder we are trying to automate as many facets of agriculture as possible!

2016 rate in Suffolk County, N.Y. was  $11.47 an hour with all the normal h2a requirements

AEWR-rates.png

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE