'68 Rl767lst Cab

My '68 has a rusted through roof at the right front corner (just above the gutter). Upon investigation I found that it might go down the cab pillar also. If I do decide I want to look for a new cab- what year cabs would be same as this one? Also, is there a sight that lists R parts for sale? Thanks for your help fellas'. Dave.

Hello Dave

glad you found your way over here

I think I saw some pics of the RL on the ATHS board?

anyways I belive the first R seires cabs stayed the same from ther introduction to around 1972-73. The early style cab that you have has a shorter distance from the rear wall to the cowl aera. I am guessing yours is the original cab from the factory and has a metal dash?

you will be able to find some early style cabs in junk yards or on parted out trucks. Possible on ebay also? The later style cabs have the rear wall extended back a few inches and will have the updated interior with leather like covered dash. these later style cabs may not bolt directly to your truck as the rear cab mount may be a few inches off.

I have run into a few problems getting "R" model parts for my 78 mack.

and I dont think any of the early cab "R" stuff is being made or stocked by mack so you will have to sorce the parts from collectors.

Trent

We can still get cab panels for the R Mods. The only big difference was the roof and rear cab panel. the late models had an extended rear panel for a little extra room in the cab. I only have OEM panels, though...no aftermarket stuff.

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

We can still get cab panels for the R Mods.  The only big difference was the roof and rear cab panel.  the late models had an extended rear panel for a little extra room in the cab.  I only have OEM panels, though...no aftermarket stuff.

Thanks Trent. Thanks Barry. Your'e right about the dash in my truck Trent. Barry, I'll be calling you. Making a list of what I might need and I'll be in touch. Thanks again fellas'. Dave.