2008 Mack Cxu613 exhaust problem.

Hey yall! 

I am back it seems. Now that life seems to have slowed down a bit. 

Right now however I have an issue. The same truck in the title, the flexpipe seems to have expanded from heat, and gotten damaged. I have the parts to fix damage... what is causing this?? 

As yall know I don't deal with dpf macks. This truck hails from my Sparta Tennessee location. 

Any help?? 

IMG_2934.jpg

IMG_2933.jpg

If the flex pipe looks "expanded" or pushed out, it is most likely cause by excessive back pressure. Either the dpf is plugged or the cataylist is plugged or both.  You need to find out why this happened. A face plugged cataylist is usually caused by a poor flowing 7th injector. 

On 11/10/2016 at 10:10 PM, turckster said:

If the flex pipe looks "expanded" or pushed out, it is most likely cause by excessive back pressure. Either the dpf is plugged or the cataylist is plugged or both.  You need to find out why this happened. A face plugged cataylist is usually caused by a poor flowing 7th injector. 

turckster

OP is a pre DPF operator. The issue was very prevelant to our CXU series series but if the SB is followed yo should have no other issues.

4 hours ago, ERoberts said:

turckster

OP is a pre DPF operator. The issue was very prevelant to our CXU series series but if the SB is followed yo should have no other issues.

Being a CXU chassis and a 2008 model, this chassis is equipped with a dpf unit. The service bulletin addresses alignment issues of the flex pipe and proper repair. The customer complaint is expansion of the flex pipe. The only thing that comes to mind, for me, is excessive back pressure. Not meaning any disrespect, just saying. 

18 hours ago, turckster said:

Being a CXU chassis and a 2008 model, this chassis is equipped with a dpf unit. The service bulletin addresses alignment issues of the flex pipe and proper repair. The customer complaint is expansion of the flex pipe. The only thing that comes to mind, for me, is excessive back pressure. Not meaning any disrespect, just saying. 

You are !00% right i am in the wrong there. I jumped the gun and excluded the given facts after he claimed PRE DPF status. Rookie mistake. Thanks for setting me straight Turckster.