rocker arm shaft end plugs 2000 e-7

Ezrider

i understand the plugs in the ends of the rocker shafts are known to pop out on this engine. iv had it happen twice now.

its been the same one both times and both times i did a less than ideal fix by just re-installing the old plug. first time was about 2 years ago but this last time was on Sunday night when i went to leave town i lost the second stage of jakes and noticed a drop in oil pressure. so i turned back around pulled back into the shop at 11pm left again at 1:45am and still got my load on time.

i have heard there is a fix for this problem by threading the ends of the shaft and installing threaded in plugs rather than the freeze plug style. or a rivet of some kind

does any one here have any knowledge or details on this fix? i am thinking this winter id like to fix this once and for all

When you installed the plugs did you install them with locktight ? You cant just pop them back in and expect them to stay!

As for threading them I have never had them fall out twice, but i imagine it would work !

If it happens again install clean and dri with lock tight!

used red loctite. my local napa didn't have them. do have a mack dealer near by but both times iv had the problem they were not open at the time and i needed to get going. ill probably get one in my next parts order though so ill have one on hand. if there is a better solution though i would prefer to do something different with it.